Friday, June 7, 2013

OMG Fierce Reads Author Lunch

Salutations!

As one of the many perks of being an intern here, I got to accompany my bosses Stephanie and Liesl to a lunch on Pearl Street with the four authors from Fierce Reads: Leigh Bardugo (Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm), Anna Banks (Of Poseidon, Of Triton), Jessica Brody (My Life Undecided, Unremembered) and Emmy Laybourne (Monument 14, Monument 14: Sky on Fire)

First of all, I read all the books for the event and it made it SO MUCH MORE FANTASMAGORICAL.

Since I have a horrible memory (even though this was just a couple hours ago), I decided to tell you some amazing things that I managed to remember:

Anna:
- We somehow managed to try to get her fourth book title of Testicle/Tentacles and I hope she does name the book the latter and accidentally says the former.
- She just threw in so many sassy, sarcastic comments throughout and it reminded me of her books.

Emmy:
-She told this amazing story how she drove up skiing with her friends and they forgot to get a hotel so they went to this shady place instead. And then the spigot from the faucet in the kitchen was missing and it totally freaked her out.
-She also made fun of me for scraping all the toppings on my pizza but I don't need her judgment ;)

Jessica:
- She told us these awesome stories of how she used to work at Disney World and told us all the secrets. (We'd leak them here but no one wants a Disney lawsuit)
- We also fangirled over How I Met Your Mother. That was amazing.

Leigh:
- She just had these amazing stories and also threw in her witty quips that were fantastic.
- My favorite story was when she was watching The Titanic and was sitting next to this man who kept mumbling throughout the movie. When it got to the part Kate Winslet took off her clothes, he said "MAGNIFICENT" and now whenever people mention the movie that's what she associates it with.

But yes, these people are so amazing and the books are SO GOOD. I recommend them highly.

Ta ta!

Owyn

No comments:

Post a Comment